twas the week before the week before Christmas
0 comment Sunday, March 30, 2014 |
Last week of the school term before Christmas EQUALS stress on a bike.
The kids are harassed by their excitement levels and unsettled by the changes in school routine, whilst I have been madly trying to get 'everything done' before they break up. I have proven this week that I still have the most brilliant organisational skills, with days in my diary being organised by the hour and a tight schedule completely honoured. And through it all the family have been fed and watered, the house kept within acceptable cleanliness limits, the pets well cared for, and my business duties completed. And I still had time to get my nails and eyebrows done for a night out. I'm every woman, I sing, it's all in me.
I even scheduled in the kids trauma leaking. Between the hours of 3.30pm and 5pm deal with highly combustible children who will stab each other in the eye in as soon as look at each other. Between the hours of 7pm and 8pm, deal with rudeness and nasty words from Son.
Anything you want done baby, I'll do it naturally.
Last night - Friday night - I had the pleasure of attending a Murder Mystery meal with four other great women whom I have the honour to call my friends. We didn't solve the murder, but we did have a night off from all of out troubles. I'm not sentimental, as you'll know reader, but I will say that I felt blessed last night. Better friends a woman couldn't hope to have.
Next week, I am, for the first time, juggling childcare with working and so another stage of my life begins because I haven't ever had to do that before.
After that, all I have to do is dare to enjoy Christmas.

Labels: , ,